This post was supposed to go up at least a week ago, but since I was battling a cold and insanity at work it got delayed. Well, they say better than never.
I didn’t get my own box this month, so I only have the list offerings.
Body & Nails:
– Ruffian Nail Polish in Red (full size)
– Ruby Wing Color Changing Nail Polish in Ride ‘Em Cowgirl (probably full size as well)
– Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips (Not sure why this was in Body & Nails category)
– Catherine Malandrino Style de Paris
– Harvey Prince Petaly Noir
– Joie Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum
– Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
– Beauty Protector Shampoo
– Macadamia Professional Healing Oil Spray
– Serge Normant Dream Big Instant Volumizing Spray
– TONI & GUY Classic Shine Gloss Serum
– Jouer Luminizing Moisture Tint
– Laura Geller GlamLash Dramatic Volumizing Mascara
– MAKE Satin Finish Eyeshadow in Great Lask (grey)
– ModelCo Party Proof Lipstick in Get Naked
– Sumita Color Contrast Eyeliner
There were months when I wanted everything from Skincare category, this month Make Up category was the one that held most of appeal to me. If I was to get the box I would have really hard time choosing between Jouer Tint, MAKE shadow and ModelCo lipstick. However, everything else was uninspired.
Ruffian nail polish would be an easy choice in Nails & Body. Nothing caught my attention in Skincare- I previously tried (and didn’t care for ) Egyptian Magic and Vasanti Scrub. And I still have unopened sample of Yu-Be.
Fragrance is not my favorite category in general. I already tried Harvey Prince Petaly Noir (nice for a night out) and Joie Folle de Joie Eau de Parfum (meh). I was curious about Catherine Malandrino, but they didn’t have that one (yet), as I was in the store on December 5th, and they just updated sample selection.
Beauty Protector Shampoo was the only thing that somewhat appealing in Hair. The rest of the items are not something I would even attempt to put in my temperamental curly/wavy hair. Bottom Line: I’m sure these samples would be great for someone, but not for me.
Build Your Own Birchbox is now available for Men as well. Men’s BYOB costs $25 (plus tax). There aren’t as many options as women’s box, but I’m glad it’s now an option.
– Baxter of California Deodorant
– Dr. Squatch Soap
– Costume National Homme
– English Laundry Notting Hill
Beard and Shave:
– Beard Buddy – Beard Oil
– The Art of Shaving – Shaving Cream
– Clinique for Men Broad Spectrum SPF 21 Moisturizer
– Ursa Major Fantastic Face Wash
– American Crew Alternator
– Billy Jealousy Fuzzy Logic Hair Strengthening Shampoo